FIELDS OF KNOWLEDGE
Each examination of Arbiter Training deals with the same fields. These are ;
- The Rules of Chess
- Appendices regarding Blind players etc
- Specific Rules regarding Blitz, Rapid Play etc
- Tournament Regulations and Administration
- Application of rules and discretion in situations not covered directly by the rules
- Pairing systems and related tie Break systems
- Calculations of Ratings and Performance
- Usage of Swiss Manager or similar tournament management programmes
- Usage and setting of different clock models
- People skills in diffusing tense situations with parents and players
for uploading information to Chess-results.com
- Procedure for providing information to Chessa if a rated tournament
and requirements for Tournament reports to be sent to Chessa
- General organisational skills
APPLICABLE TRAINING MATERIALS
The latest version of FIDE Chess Rules.
The Arbiters Handbook issed by the AOC.
Copies of previous examination questions
These are available via the Downloads Page of this website
As part of the new restructuring process, attendance at a training session is now compulsory prior to writing of an exam.
Thee fess you pay will therefore include a short course. The course and exam generally take place over three days.